Saturday, June 7, 2008

Coffee, tea and wine (hot chocolate)



For today’s class, we were supposed to do fieldwork on wine, coffee or tea. As people might already have guessed, I do not like any of these drinks, so I decided to do fieldwork of my own. It was my pleasure to do tasting on cioccolata calda (hot chocolate). I have been tasting this delicious drink since I was little. Since I did not like white milk, my mother decided to give chocolate a shot, and she was not mistaken. It was an acquired taste for me, since I began to love this marvelous drink by the age of 18. When I asked for hot chocolate in Verona I was surprised with a treat that I will never forget. This delicious drink was not just plain hot chocolate made with cocoa powder and water as I was used to drinking it at Dunkin’ Doughnuts. The hot chocolate in Italy is something similar to pudding, less dense, but much more tasty. I fell in love with it right away! This kind of hot chocolate is called fermente. The reason of its great taste is the lack of cocoa powder. This drink is with 100% chocolate. Since cocoa powder has almost not chocolate, the taste of hot chocolate can sometimes be disappointing or lacking overall. So far I have had cioccolata calda made of milk chocolate and dark chocolate. Both of these were a treat from haven. I know that when people are in Italy they go crazy with the coffee since it is supposed to be exquisite. Anyhow, I would say that they should be cioccolata calda a shot because they will not be disappointed with this incredible drink.

No comments: