Tuesday, June 3, 2008

New experiences


One of the greatest challenges of this trip in my particular case is the fact that I am a really picky person when it comes to food. I do not like vegetables, fruits or fish. That makes it particularly difficult since everything in Italy is in part made with a variety of these items. From the pizza to the sauces to deserts, all these ingredients always come into play. This challenge has been good to me in a way. Now, if I want to eat out I have to try whatever the Italians have in their menu. I actually was faced with this challenge last night. I order ravioli and I thought that they will be filled with cheese. Well, it turns out that they were filled with spinach. This dish came with a creamy cheese sauce as well. It also had ham. Since I saw ham in the menu and I love meat I even thought that the filling may be ham and cheese, which would have been a treat to me. To my surprise, all the cheesy goodness overshadowed the taste of the spinach, and I did not even know that I was eating spinach. The sad part is that I still think that spinach does not taste good. Maybe in the future I will try it again and enjoy it more.

No comments: