Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ravioli

During my time in Verona I tried the best ravioli I have ever had in my life. I went to a little ravioli specialty shop, where only fresh pasta and bread were sold. I bought ten ravioli of Monte Veronese cheese filling to see what kind of ravioli Italy had to offer. How glad I am that I did! I went home and cooked them for about ten minute. I added olive oil and Parmesan cheese. What an appetizing meal! So simple and yet so fulfilling. I liked these ravioli so much that I ate this for three days in a row. I believe that the freshness did it for me. I also had fresh bread to accompany the dish. This homemade meal was one of the best meals I had in Italy and in my life. My greatest surprise is the fact that the delicious dish did not contain any meat at all. I am a meat lover; I cannot eat without meat. But these cheese filled deliciousness was better than steak. This shows that simple can be delicious and healthy at the same time. Go pasta Go!

No comments: