Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Pasta and Bread

Today I did some walking around the town. In my travels I encounter a bakery shop that in addition to sweet baked goods had different types of pasta. I was surprised to find pasta of diverse types and colors. I know that the yellow pasta is made out of eggs and that the green ones are made with spinach, but I do not know what the orange or brown ones are. The brown ones are made out of wheat, bran or farro, but I cannot figure out the orange. My most educated guest is carrot. I am interested but at the same time afraid of trying this different types. As I mentioned before, I am a very picky person and it frightens me to try new food. The yellow pasta came in so many different shapes. There were bow ties, fettuccini, angel hair, penne and many more. So far my experience with pasta has been limited. I had some pasta with tomate sauce. There rest of the pasta that I had had has been accompanied by hot dogs and bolied eggs. Very appetizing, but not very Italian. I have not tried any other variety and sadly, I doubt that I will try any.


The breads in this bakery were diverse as well. They were all shaped differently and I guess that they tasted different as well. There were also pastries which looked very apetizing. Personally I like the frech baguettes. I like other breads, but that one is my favorite. In Italy, I have had the rolls and the baguette; is still have to try more. I have not encountered flat breads yet. These breads are supposed to be very common in the Mediterranean region, but I still have to find them or try them.

No comments: