Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dolci

Dolci, what is dolci? For many people is the essence of life. Those few minutes of sweet deliciousness in the mouth are the greatest thing that most people experience in their lives. Most people look forward to dinner times, not because they will be nourishing their bodies, but because they will be having dessert at the end of the meal. There is something about sugar that drives people crazy about it. As for me, I do not have this problem since I do not love sweets at all. I like brownies and that is about it. I am crazy about meat, and I would rather have meat for dessert than any other sweet. But Italy has taught me the ways of the gelato. I have tried ice cream before, but I never said “Mmmmm… yummy!” I always had it to accompany someone, never by choice. But since Italy is the capital of gelato, I had to try it, and how glad I am that I did. I have had five consecutive days of ice cream (chocolate of course), and they have been very good days. The artisanal ones are the best, because they are kind of “homemade.” Also, I think that there is more love to them since the owner, (who is most cases is the same person that sees the clients), is there to see that final product of the hard work… a smile and happiness in people’s faces. As for other desserts, I have not tried any because they do not seem appealing to me. I am still to try the only fruit that I like, banana, since fruits are supposed to be better in Italy due to their freshness.

No comments: