Saturday, June 28, 2008

Slow Food

To finish up a wonderful stay in Italy, a group of around eight decided to try one of the best things that Italy has to offer, the slow food movement. We went to a restaurant called Tratoria Isolla, where the owners cooked and served the meals. This was the first restaurant that I went to in Italy where the food was not ready two minutes after it was ordered. That was very exciting for me, since I have gotten used to eating reheated meals. I ordered spaghetti with ragout sauce (meat sauce). It was the best spaghetti that I had in Italy. It was fresh, well seasoned, had the right amount of sauce; it was amazing! That was the primo piatto. For secondo piatto I had a pork chop. It was very tasty but needed a little bit more salt. The environment was great. The owner joked around with us, chatted with us, and made us feel very welcomed. This tratoria convinced me that slow food is the way to go. A couple of hours after finishing our meal (because we went Italian all the way and stayed chatting for hours), we went to a chocolate bar. The atmosphere was phenomenal and the chocolate unthinkable. I had chocolate mousse that was magnificent. It was a very nice way to end up the adventures in Italy.

No comments: